- 10.Troy-Bilt TB146 EC 29cc 4-Cycle Cultivator with JumpStart Technology
- 9. Mantis 7225-00-02 2-Cycle Gas-Powered Tiller/Cultivator
- 8. Southland SFTT160 Front Tine Tiller
- 7. Mantis 7225-15-02 2-Cycle Gas-Powered Tiller
- 6. Earthquake MC43 Mini Cultivator
- 5. TrimmerPlus GC720 Garden Cultivator with Four Premium Tines
- 4. GreenWorks 27072 8-Amp Corded Tiller
- 3. Sun Joe TJ600E Tiller Joe Garden 14-Inch 6.5 amp Electric Tiller
- 2. Sun Joe TJ603E 16-Inch 12-Amp Electric Tiller
- 1. Earthwise TC70001 11-Inch 8-1/2 Amp Electric Tiller
Throughout the past few decades, gardening has switched from being a necessary chore to being a pastime that people genuinely enjoy. Thousands of people have switched from buying store-bought produce to choosing to buy seeds in the spring and grow their own fruits and vegetables over the summer.
Some do it
- because they simply like the taste of homegrown fruits and veggies better;
- others do it because they want to avoid all of the nasty pesticides and herbicides that can be found on store-bought produce;
- still others switch to gardening simply because they want to spend more time outdoors.
Regardless of the reason for switching to gardening, it is undoubtedly helpful to have the greatest gardening tools. From shovels and spades to improved seeds and seedlings, the right tools and equipment can make having a garden a much more successful endeavor. Having a good garden tiller is another great tool to have. It makes starting your garden each spring much more manageable. Here is a list of ten of the best garden tillers on the market.
10.Troy-Bilt TB146 EC 29cc 4-Cycle Cultivator with JumpStart Technology
No matter how big a lot you need to till, this compact tiller is great. Its width is adjustable, so it can till anywhere from six to twelve inches in width at a time. With the capability of tilling up to five inches deep, it is great for virtually any garden needs. Its handle folds up, so storage is easier than ever. Buy now from Amazon
9. Mantis 7225-00-02 2-Cycle Gas-Powered Tiller/Cultivator
If you do not have a lot of space to store a tiller or if you need to till only a small patch of land, then this tiller is perfect for you. Its incredibly compact design is great for fitting into tighter spaces and for space-effective storage. Whether you need to till the earth incredibly deep or only the top soil, the variety of the capabilities of this nice little tiller allow it to till from three to ten inches deep. Buy now from Amazon
8. Southland SFTT160 Front Tine Tiller
Sometimes the tines on even the best tillers can get dull, which means that it is either time to invest in a new tiller or to sharpen the tines, which can be a tedious task. Fortunately, this tiller’s tines are self-sharpening, so dull tines will be the last thing on your mind. The ten-inch wheel on this practical tiller are great for virtually consistency of dirt, because they lend themselves to increased maneuverability. Buy now from Amazon
7. Mantis 7225-15-02 2-Cycle Gas-Powered Tiller
Complying with every one of CARB’s standards, this compact tiller is great for tilling anywhere. With a lifetime warranty on the tines and a five-year warranty on the rest of the tiller, you never have to worry about this tiller breaking and leaving you having to break up the dirt manually.
Buy now from Amazon
6. Earthquake MC43 Mini Cultivator
Whether you have several garden plots on various pieces of land or simply various garden patches within your own yard, this lightweight, small tiller is great for transporting. It is easy to take apart and assemble, so even if it does not fit in your car when it is all put together, you will be able to quickly put it back together upon arriving at your garden plot. With a variety of speeds, this tiller is perfect for virtually any tilling needs. Buy now from Amazon
5. TrimmerPlus GC720 Garden Cultivator with Four Premium Tines
With steel tines that are coated with poly to help repel unnecessary dirt and stains, this tiller is sure to keep looking new for years. If you have a lot of landscaping that needs done, this may be the tiller for you. It can hook up to a variety of other landscaping tools, such as compatible hedge trimmers, to make your yard work seem more manageable. Buy now from Amazon
4. GreenWorks 27072 8-Amp Corded Tiller
Whereas most tillers run on gas, which can be expensive and hurt the environment, this tiller is powered electrically, which is both more cost-effective and more eco-friendly. With an adjustable tilling width and depth, this is the perfect tiller for those gardens that need a variety of depth plowed into them. Buy now from Amazon
3. Sun Joe TJ600E Tiller Joe Garden 14-Inch 6.5 amp Electric Tiller
Weighing in at a mere 17 pounds, this garden tiller is perfect for those gardeners who have muscle, joint, or back problems. Thanks to its lightweight, it will not cause any undue strain on your body. Since it is powered electrically, it is also cheaper to run than its gas-powered counterparts. Buy now from Amazon
2. Sun Joe TJ603E 16-Inch 12-Amp Electric Tiller
If you would like to start a garden but do not have time to keep up with both your garden and maintain all of its necessary tools, then this tiller is for you. Guaranteed to be maintenance free, this tiller has six tilted tines that are built to last for years. With adjustable wheels for added ease of use, this tiller is perfect for any gardener looking for low maintenance gardening tools. Buy now from Amazon
1. Earthwise TC70001 11-Inch 8-1/2 Amp Electric Tiller
The steel tines and versatile motor on this garden tiller make it great for tilling even the hardest of dirt. Whether you want to till only a small patch of land or a large garden, this tiller’s versatility is great for practically any job.
Buy now from Amazon